Monday, November 19, 2012

Second Survey Analysis

I have received a few more results from my survey but overall, the pattern of results has not shifted. The results still show that a majority of college-aged students have no gender preference in education. I am still working of getting a wider range of participants, mainly focusing on equal number of male responses and female responses. After reviewing my survey, I decided to add a comment box to the last question, asking the survey takers to list any gender generalizations and stereotypes that they have either heard or agree with. Hopefully I can get enough text responses to use in my paper to defend the Feminist theory of Education.

Survey Link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TD6TRXD

1 comment:

  1. Overall, Shelby's survey questions are organized very well in regards for the information she is trying to discover. Since her results are not what she was expecting, I have three suggestions she could try to change the results...
    1. Ask questions specifically about male or female teachers rather than either or (ex. have you ever had a difficult time with a male teacher or vice versa)
    2. Focus on stereotypes about female teachers and see if people agree because often times students can't think of anything off the top of their head unless presented with the idea
    3. Add a couple more short answer questions so she can really pick her demographics brains

    ReplyDelete