Monday, November 12, 2012

Essay Four Survey Initial Results

     I have posted my survey on Survey Monkey and I have sent the survey to 15 people so far. The results are still being collected; however, to this point, the results are very surprising. I was expecting to find the results to show that college-aged students consider gender to be a key aspect of the education process. The results are showing that college-aged students do not have gender preferences for their professors. Several participants are aware of the gender differences in the field of education but they are not personally swayed by the generalizations and stereotypes that society has. The results are very initial as I have only a small portion of results and from only one demographic but none the less, the results are very intriguing.

2 comments:

  1. Shelby! I think your topic is very interesting. I believe that your survey is well designed after taking it, the questions you came up with are really good! I personally do not have a gender preference because I think that both male and female professors have proven that they can be good at what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to see that the majority of college students have not had a gender preference. It shows several participants are aware of the stereotypes and generalizations. I think a cause of students having no preference is being educated on these stereotypes and learning that they are just "stereotypes".

    ReplyDelete